Saturday, January 30, 2010

so, a dyslexic man walks into a bra...

I have to give Britney Spears some props... it seems as though she was way ahead of the game when she released her Slave4U music video...
babyyyyy don't you wanna... dance up on me?

... because I was perusing some Spring 2010 collections the other day and couldn't help but notice that some designers (Christian Dior, Marc Jacobs, Miu Miu, John Galliano, Nina Ricci, D&G, Just Cavalli, Jean Paul Gaultier, among others) had taken notes out of Britney's book -- after all, she was at her peak of fame, success, physical fitness, etc. when Slave4U was released... getting inspiration from the past and re-inventing it for new collections is what fashion does anyways, right?

But before you get all prude-y and "omg, those brazen little hussies are wearing lingerie as clothes... HO FO SHO!", hear me out when I say that shape wear & dainty underthings worn alone as dresses actually looks really nice. Indeed, some collections did really well in incorporating lingerie-as-clothing in a subtle, delicate, dainty, and feminine way (such as Nina Ricci & Alberta Ferretti), but other collections just screamed, "OH haiii... LOOK AT MY BRA!!!"

(Marc Jacobs Spring 2010 rtw - via style.com)

Even Joe Fresh jumped on the lingerie-on-the-outside-boat (coming soon to a Superstore near you!) The rest of their collection is pretty cute though; plus, I'm on the market for some summer work/office clothes anyways so there are a few shirt dresses that I have my eye on. But I definitely won't be rockin' the whole bra-over-my-shirt-fashion-victim thing.. ehh, I'll save that for Britney.
(Joe Fresh Spring 2010 - image via Google)

No comments:

Post a Comment