Sunday, June 7, 2009

Date: To Be Announced

Sooo I love flowers and everything green and beautiful, but if you know me at all you know that my green thumb is more of a brownish color. I would much rather just hire someone to plant the flowers for me, or better yet, buy them pre-planted and grown. However, everyone knows that the best things are grown from scratch and with love. I came across this little vid on my FAVORITE Saturday past time, Bill Cunningham's On the Street video blog. Although Bill never disappoints, this weeks piece really got my heart racing as he profiled a public garden 20 mins. outside of New York City on a sprawling estate. If you have ever been to the Northeast corridor in the Spring/Summer, you can appreciate the greenery and you can practically smell the Magnolia (my favorite flower for future reference..and bakery too!) coming through your computer screen. This gem of a spot has officially made its way onto my potential wedding destination spots. Guests will be provided with parasols, I will be wearing an ivory Marchesa gown, and yes, you are welcome to wear your most fantastic garden-party hat. But please be courteous of my fellow guests and sit near the back so not to block the views of others. Enjoy the video and please don't plan your wedding the same weekend as mine. Or there will be trouble.
Enjoy xo

2 comments:

  1. i love weddings...i'll be the one to wear a hat to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GARDEN PARTY @ CARLY'S!!!! PLS & THANKS :) <3

    ReplyDelete