Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Sun-kissed

(Yes, I went a little crazy & did two posts. It is out of desperation to avoid studying for my spring course. BLEH.)

In theory, summer will be upon us very soon here in Edmonton (but who knows, really....) -- maybe one day? Oh the irony of wearing make-up to look "natural" (but my "natural" is straight up pale) & in typical girly-girl style, I like playing with make-up :) So here are some picks & tips, from my cosmetic bag to yours:

1. Moisturizer: During the summer, I like to mix my moisturizer + Coppertone oil-free sunblock in SPF 45 - cuz sun damage ain't cool, yo.

2. Foundation will melt in all the heat & humidity, so keep all of your make-up to a minimum! Just dab on some concealer where there are dark spots on your face (under eyes, nose, etc) & brush with powder to set. If you need more coverage, use a tinted moisturizer (like, mark. Get-a-Tint)

3. Bronzer: bronzer is a fickle friend, and it's something that a lot of people fear (too much & you'll get an Oompa Loompa knocking at your door asking for its complexion back). But trust, with a good bronzer, you too can have that coveted "J Lo Glow" (without the sun damage) :P You wanna put the bronzer where the sun hits your face (cheeks, bridge of nose, top of forehead, and chin). My fave this summer is Too-Faced Sun Bunny/Carribbean in a Compact. There's two shades, so you can use the lighter shade on your cheeks & the darker to contour, or swirl it around.. whatev. Either way, this will FOR SURE give you a nice glow without the bronzer over-kill. I would imagine that NARS blush in Lustre would be wonderful too, but i'm partial.



4. Eyes: a primer (like Too-Faced Shadow Insurance) would be wise so that you don't get creasing. Then, a sweep of a shimmery neutral + a little bit of eyeliner + mascara & you're good to go!

5. Lips: Use a balm with SPF underneath your lipstick or gloss. I swear by Nivea LipCare with SPF 30 + C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine (don't even get me started. I hoard this gloss like you would not believe.)

6. Lastly, don't forget to carry around Oil Blotting Sheets with you. Boom.

xoxo M

3 comments:

  1. i think we have found our official Quoi makeup contributor. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so random :( will post fashion one day.. one day.
    my coworker found an extremely old school eaton's catalogue from the 60's in his basement. i poached it from the reception area & it lemme tell ya.... amaaazing. like eyes roll to the back of your head amazing. vintage for teh win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. scan and post scan and post!!!! and then let me see it because i love me some vintage. we can peruse it during a baking session.

    ReplyDelete