Tuesday, June 16, 2009

L-O-L-O-L-O-L-O...UIS


So since you were all sooo helpful in helping me choose a handbag (nawt!), I have decided for myself. A Louis I will have and a Speedy it will be. But with every solution stems another problem, or so it seems, so now the question is what size?

I've come to the conclusion that a baby Speedy (Speedy 25) is kinda like the default bag that someone who wants to say they have an LV buys. No offense to anyone who has one.

I believe in go big or go home. So do I get the Speedy 35 or the Speedy 40. The obvi answer is the 40 because its bigger but is it toooo big for everyday usage? The last thing I want is to look like I am constantly off to the airport or gym or something.

Quoi-t to do?

Also, and this is really important so fete attention!

LV now lets you personalize your bag. So along with the obvious LV all over the bag you can smack whatever three initials (or 2..or 1..) on the bag in a bright color that sticks out and makes the bag truly "yours" (because paying nearly $900 doesn't do the trick anymore).

But, does monogramming your monogram bag take away from the lustre of it? Or does it make it something that will forever be yours and yours only? Le Confused.

I am actually really stuck on this one so let me know your thoughts!












8 comments:

  1. sorry my friend! i haven't had time to blog. the louis speedy! that sounds awesome. i'll steal my mom's gucci and we'll match but you'll pown. hmmm getting your intials? it can be a little tacky but kinda cool cause ppl who know will be like that's a real louis and other ppl will be like "that's not louis..it says CJZ...on it". ahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh dilemmas dilemmas. marie and i had a like 2 hr. convo on color combos. what do you think about the colors soph?

    ReplyDelete
  3. CJZ won't transcend generations. how is that going to work if she marries someone who's last name is Z!!! the initials just won't make sense for her daughter.

    as such, i think carly is going to go with CJ and commit to naming her daughter with "CJ" initials

    ReplyDelete
  4. i reeeeeeeally also like the marc jacobs for louis vuitton. but i know you have already made up your mind :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh the marc jacobs for LV is gorgy! The quilted material is drool worthy. Unfort, the $2500 price tag makes me get dry-mouth. yuck. For that price I am but 500 away from a 2.55!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mj for lv < 2.55 !!! 500 is pennies if you think about it. it's like, the quintessential classic purse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. marie + chanel = bad influence. There is my math for the day :) That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. just don't eat anything for 2 months... that will probably save you the $500 you need to get the 2.55
    you know you want too.. it's an investment.

    ReplyDelete