Thursday, June 11, 2009

Quoi-stion Thursday





Dear Fashionites,

I've decided that every Thursday I will post a dilemma I am having and then y'all can help me out. Because I trust your opinion more than anything else and I more than likely will have some dilemma occurring (however benign it may be).

This week: Handbags.


Some girls are shoe people, some crave diamonds and jewelry, some just have to have the most extravagant home furnishings, but me...I am a handbag whore. Now, it's no surprise that we are in the midst of a recession (which makes us recessionistas) and wallets are looking sorta like LiLo (skin and bones). Lucky for me, I am not in the real working world, nor do I have anyone to provide for but myself, therefore, I am recession proof. Muaha.

I am heading to LA in 2 weeks and those of you who know me know that when I go on vacay I don't do the whole "Spend $1000 on random clothes and shoes and makeup that I impulsively want in the moment, only to get home and question my sanity" (trust, it's happened before). No ma'am I am what marketing students call a "planned purchaser". It's an obsession really that usually consumes a majority of my time leading up to and on vacation (see New York 2008: Marc Jacobs Stam Bag...Palm Beach 2008: Gucci Crystal Engraved Sunglasses...New York 2009: Christian Louboutin Simple 100's...you get the idea.) Thus, it only seems obvious that my trip to LA should warrant a self-gift of extravagance. What do I want: I want classic. Like really classic.


This is where you come in? I need suggestions, and more importantly, reasoning on which bag to get and why. And please don't suggest a Chanel 2.55 or a Birkin bag...it just pains me to not be able to afford one. Woe is me, woe is me.

Sincerely,

The Crazy Bag Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment