Monday, June 8, 2009

Fallen in Love

Hello my lovely fashionistas!

 This is my first blog post for QUOI?!!? and third day in my new city I like to call home, Vancouver. To be honest I didn't know what to expect. All I knew was that it would be different from my good old hometown. The moment I stepped out of the airport and felt that all too familiar ocean, I knew I was in love! Apparently I just missed the heat wave of last week, but 20 degrees and up is good enough for me! Finally a place where I can actually wear my summer clothes for more than 2 months.

So far I've been out exploring and getting lost in the streets of Downtown Vancouver. Today on my mission to find a summer job, I walked by one of the two Starbucks' right by apartment, and a guy said in French, "Bonjour belle fille...". Call him cheesy but I personally loved it! 

Now enough of the cheesy, but yet very much appreciated french guy, let's talk fashion. Already I feel like I can wear anything I want here. You can't help but feel inspired to look and dress well in a place where heading to the Hermes store to pick up a couple of scarves is just another casual weekend shopping trip. To some this may not be a big deal but for people like me who's Saturday shopping trip consists of going to West Edmonton Mall, it's a pretty big deal. Vancouver is just another one of those cities where you can be, do and wear whatever you want and nothing would be said; unless you're surrounded by a bunch of gay men who's standards are pretty much impossible to reach, but you gotta love them for that. I only say this because I've already met a couple of them; I am happy to say I passed their standards test haha.

The city is obviously no New York but it will definitely do for now. My next mission is to head to the beach and discover some great sushi! See it doesn't take that much to make me happy - City life, fashion, beaches, and sushi are all I need. I'd like to say I can't wait to see what's ahead for the next three months in this city, but I can wait because I know I won't want to leave. 
So while I try to explore this city on my own I'll keep all of you posted on all my finds. Whether it's fashion, people, food, nightlife, I promise to let you all in on my uncovered secrets of Van City.

Until next time!

B

3 comments:

  1. ahhhhh jealous! Hermes and sushi. That just makes my day. Miss you B and take lots of pictorals for my to view! and GAY friends...arent they just the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dibs sushi date with you in 3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete